Saturday, March 19, 2011

For a Moment.....

I just got the checkbook balanced..... For the first time since November. It wasn't pretty, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. Why do I wait so long to do that? I've determined to do it several times, but then decided to wait for the next statement (which arrives anywhere between the 1st and the 15th), and by the time we finally get it, I don't have time/gumption/brain power.
Anyhow.
The boys are amusing themselves by destroying the house - they currently are playing with sidewalk chalk in the kitchen/dining room..... and I just don't care. My triumphant spirit over tackling the checkbook (and having all my mistakes be in our favor) overpowers the twitch I get from seeing what they're doing to the room I just cleaned yesterday.
I think it's finally Spring. Tomorrow is the first official day, and this year the calendar actually matches up with what's going on outside. My crocus are blooming, and my hyacinth and daffodils are budded, waiting for the next day of sunshine.
......And my brief moment of freedom has ended. Hitting occurred, followed by screaming (the I'm-hungry-and-today-I-need-an-early-nap kind). And in the midst of it all, a crack of lightening and a rumble of thunder from the spring shower that just started. So I need to shut down the computer anyways.
It was lovely while it lasted.

No comments: