Thursday, January 1, 2009

Spiritual Warfare

A girl I went to camp with a couple summers ago emailed me yesterday to ask for help getting back on track. I decided to pray about it before I replied.
As I was cleaning the bathroom this morning, I remembered that I needed to reply to her so I immediately went to do that. I didn't want her to have to wait for some answers/help.
As I went out the bathroom door, Nathan pinched his fingers in the hinges and started screaming. I got him calmed down, so I went to the computer. As soon as I started typing, he started screaming again. So I changed his diaper in case it was poopy (I can't smell with this cold). It wasn't, but he still screamed, so I gave him milk. He quieted down and sat on the couch for a few minutes before he started back up.
I knew I needed to get it sent, so I went ahead and kept typing even though he was screaming or pulling on me the entire time.
I was happy with how it read, so I pushed send.
I kid you not - as soon as it was sent, Nathan stopped screaming and became his normal happy self.
I hate to think that Satan would use my precious one-year-old for his purposes (which would be to keep me from helping this girl get back to Christ). But I know he does. I'm not saying Satan is inhabiting Nathan. I just know that he can use anything to distract us from fulfilling Christ's will - whether it would be a child screaming during an important message, the car breaking down, traffic being bad.... If it can keep us from meeting someone or being somewhere where we might witness (or be witnessed to), Satan is going to do what he can. I think he even uses things like the car breaking down or the loss of a job or health to frustrate us and to make us question God.
So I'm assuming that what I wrote was what God wanted this girl to hear. Please pray for her, and pray for me as I help lead her.

2 comments:

carrie said...

wow. How true that is. I hate to think of him messing with my kids as well, but it's happened so many times. There's a book by John Eldredge that talks about how we are born into a war and it addresses all those kinds of things in a non-charismatic kind of way. Glad you got the email sent!

Doug or Janice Rhodes said...

You have it right. We need to pray for our children all the more.
Mom R