Tuesday, January 20, 2009

16 Months:16 Teeth

Nathan's last two teeth broke through this weekend. Now he's got a full set from the front to back. I know he's going to get more molars, but he doesn't have that gap between front and back anymore.
So question for experienced mommies: Do perfectly straight infant teeth mean they'll have straight adult teeth?
Both Paul and I have/had crooked teeth, so it would be nice to not have to wonder whether we should put braces on our kid. I'm not of the camp that thinks they're always necessary, but if my child is going to be self-conscious and not smile because they think their teeth are ugly, then I want to do what I can to help them.
In other news:
I can't believe it's time to start thinking about the garden..... The seed catalogs are piling up. Since our bastard cat (and that is literal, even though I use the term because I hate him) peed on all of my leftover seeds last summer, I have to start from scratch. Which is kind of nice to try something new, but that means I have to pick the variety that sounds the best out of a whole page of options - for every thing we're planting!
I am determined to do better in the garden this year. I really have no excuse - the first year we were here, I was working 40-50 hours a week; the second year, I was working two jobs and pregnant; last year, I had a clingy baby who would let me out of his sight or grasp. This year, I have a fearless one-year-old who would like nothing better then to be able to run around outside for a couple hours each day while I water and weed.
Plus, I have a new resolution to spend less time online. I will do my morning coffee and internet browsing, but after that it's on to household tasks - no internet 'til Nathan's in bed. Yesterday I balanced the checkbook (which took me FOREVER because of some weird things our bank had done transferring money), exercised, read several chapters in a book I got from the library, took a nap (sort of), ran a couple loads of laundry, and got the four "main rooms" of the house cleaned. Oh, and made supper (sweet and sour pork).
Today's goal: fold all that blasted laundry (before the b* cat pees on it) and clean the bathroom. I sort the laundry for washing in the bathroom, so until all the piles of clothes are gone, I don't touch the bathroom. And add to that, whenever I take one of the boys (when babysitting) in to change a diaper or go potty, the other two follow. So there's bath toys and various items pulled from drawers laying all over the place. I'm waiting for the day a bath toy goes through the washer and dryer.
Well, the boys should be getting here soon, so I should get myself presentable and put away all toys that get fought over - which is.... oh, most of them.

5 comments:

Doug or Janice Rhodes said...

I have recently re-evaluated my online time, and decided that waiting until later in the day wastes much less time. I need to get my day going in the morning. The only exceptions now will be when my current project requires internet..ie genealogy updating.
I did not even turn the computer on Sunday or Monday!! And today it is past noon. Had to see/hear the inauguration.
Mom R

carrie said...

well, you've seen Xavier's teeth. None of my other kids' looked like that, so I'm curious to know how that will turn out.

Tricia said...

I don't know from experience, (my kids haven't gotten any adult teeth yet), but I have heard that how the baby teeth are has nothing to do with how the adult teeth will be! My husband had fine baby teeth, but had to have braces. Mostly because his mouth was too small for them to all fit properly. I wish that you could tell from the baby teeth! Natalie has great teeth, and I never had to have braces, but I guess time will tell...

Tiffany said...

Don't know anything about the teeth...but just wanted to say good job on unplugging. I've only been getting online during lunch and after Dalton goes to bed. Also good job on keeping up the exercise :)

Doug or Janice Rhodes said...

I found another word to put on your "no-no" list....did you see it?
I found a way to keep me on my walking machine longer..... We have the SILENT version of BEN HUR.... It is taking several sessions, but I can walk 2 miles before I know it!!! I was sick of the video that came with the machine, so tried this. Haven't been on it for a few days--the weekend happened and the temps have been nice enuf to ride the real bike to the PO.
won't be.