Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Blast from the Past (IV)

(1998)
Yep, that's my handsome hubby giving me a flower - 5 years before we became a couple.
This is on our summer mission trip to Mexico. When we were in Mexico (Aldama - like 8 hours in from the border), the girls did the guys laundry BY HAND (think wash tubs and scrub boards). So to repay us, once we got back to Texas, they took us all out to dinner. Doug came and got us one at a time, and when we walked around the building, one of the guys surprised us and gave us each a flower. It so happened that Paul gave me mine.
We were destined.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I remember that evening - I think I may even have a version of this picture buried somewhere. Good times!

carrie said...

looks like you are having fun w/ your pics. Getting any of them actually organized in the midst of scanning them in for blog fodder? I know I wouldn't be...

Doug or Janice Rhodes said...

I also remember that evening...fun. I remember that Doug was the only married man of the group that was uninhibited enough to kiss his wife when presenting the flower.....