Saturday, September 20, 2008

Update

I can't believe it's Saturday again already. This week has gone by so fast - and I haven't even done anything! I really mean nothing. You should see the house.
This cold has really taken it out of me. I could take a nap every day and still be dead tired by 10 o'clock. I fell asleep on the couch watching a movie - at 7 in the evening!
I've had a time this week with Nathan. It probably seems worse because I don't feel well, but I have been to the point of pulling my hair out several times - almost yelling at him. (Well, "yelling" in my book consists of raising my voice firmly and saying, "You need to stop.") The littlest thing sets him off. I know it's temper tantrums, and he's just experimenting with what he can get by with. But after the fourteenth time in one hour of doing something he doesn't want you to do (like close the refridgerator door or taking the computer's mouse away from him), he throws himself down on the floor and screams..... I don't know what else to do.
Then compound that with the fact I'm trying to get him weaned.... Nursing has always been my solve-all solution. Sleepy baby? Nurse him! Cranky baby? Nurse him! Sick baby? You get the point. But if he's ever going to be weaned, that's got to change. It's tough for me, though. Not because I don't want to wean him (I am so ready to have my body back!), it's that I know I have something that will make him stop crying, but I have to choose not to use it. It's like having a weapon you know will end a war (and, yes, some days it feels like a war), but knowing it's in your best interest to not use it.
Sigh.
Today is the church's annual hog roast at the lake. Paul's working, but Nathan and I are going to go out. Providing the water's not too cold, I'm going to take him swimming after lunch. He loves water - almost to the point it's startling, because he just has no fear whatsoever.
Anyhow. Must get things gathered up.

No comments: