Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to Nathan!

Today was the big 1st Birthday Party. I can't believe he's already a year old!
Of course, I got sick just about the time I needed to start the major preparations - I have another stinking cold. Luckily I got most of the house cleaning done before this kicked my butt.
We went back and forth for what to do for a cake. "Tractor Cake" won out, because I didn't want to buy a pan. And since I wasn't feeling particularly inspired due to being sick, I didn't even try to do a tractor-shaped cake. We pulled this little beauty from Paul's collection and went to work trying to make chocolate frosting look like a field being disked.

Of course, Nathan wasn't interested in the cake. He just wanted that Cat tractor!

But once he decided to go for it, he chowed down. He liked his cake that Daddy made and helped decorate (because Mommy was too wiped out the night before when they were trying to make it)!

More on the adventure later. Even though I took a nap after most of the guests left and the remaining ones cleaned up for me, I'm still wiped.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Hold on Mommy! While the first year may not have felt like it went by too fast the next one will!!! (At least it did for me) Hope you're feeling better.