Sunday, April 8, 2012

Ready.... Set..... Now Don't Go!


Everything is ready for the baby.  Everything I can think of, at least.  All clothes, blankets, diapers, burp rags, washed and folded and put away.  Hospital bag packed, except for the camera and phone charger.  Car seat cleaned and base installed.  Diaper bag stocked.
Now it would be really convenient if the baby would wait.
My grandmother (my mom's mother) passed away last week.  It wasn't totally unexpected.  She had congestive heart failure and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), and we knew she wouldn't be recovering from it.  I was never really close to this grandmother, so it's not really an emotional time for me.  My emotions are more for how it affects my mom and her sister and brother.
The funeral is this Thursday.  I have a small part in it, and Paul is a pallbearer, but nothing major if we can't be there because of Baby.  But it would be a lot less stress and emotion for my mom if Baby would wait until after the funeral.  I was saying - just wait until after Easter morning service..... Now, it's just wait until Thursday afternoon......  I'm not actually due until a week from this Tuesday (17th), but have had a feeling I'd go early (as has everyone close to me).  I don't feel like it's imminent, but you never know.

No comments: