Saturday, October 3, 2009

Nathan.....

...has been walking (running!) for over a year now. I can't believe how fast time has flown.
...is 37 inches tall.
...weighs 32 pounds. (I think those measurements may be a bit skewed due to the boots he was wearing.)
...has a surprisingly large vocabulary, with some words that even surprise me. He pointed out a "snail" when he saw one on a TV show, and I couldn't figure out where he'd even heard that word before.
...loves milk. Still. He'd be on an all-liquid diet if we let him.
...still doesn't let you kiss him. You have to "steal" kisses, and if you're aiming for his mouth, you usually will get his teeth because he's giggling.
...looks a lot like Doug (Paul's dad) in his facial features (especially his mouth), and is built just like Paul. But I still catch glimpses of myself.
...would rather be naked.
...is probably 95% potty trained. He maybe has a 2 accidents a week (usually when he's playing with friends and highly distracted). I only wish he could go by himself and didn't need help with his clothes.
...is nowhere close to being nighttime/naptime potty trained. (But that's only one-two diapers a day!)
...is rather dramatic. Telling him he can't put parmesan cheese on cereal could (and probably will) incite a meltdown.
...has a very strong will. And I need to develop a backbone to match, rather than giving in so much.
...loves TV. And watches way too much of it, because I'm a lazy mother. (In my defense, I think I do a pretty good job of monitoring what he's watching.)
...loves his cowboy boots. He wears them all the time. All. The. Time. Even when he's not wearing pants.
...doesn't understand anything about a "baby in Mommy's belly" but thinks my big belly and outie belly button are hillarious.
...would rather play with any toy that has wheels. We have blocks, puzzles, books, stuffed animals, etc, but he still plays with cars, trains, or tractors 90% of the time.
...hates vegetables. No matter how I cook it or disguise it, they get spit out. But I keep putting them on his plate, hoping he'll try them again.
...loves his grandpas. Doug because he will always play/explore with him, my dad because he gets to ride tractors with him.
...has yet to say "I love you." To anyone.
...will not say please. (Strong will?)
...loves the sandbox Paul built under the playset. He will randomly collect a few tractors and just walk outside - with or without pants/shoes.
...is going through a stage of hating baths. Which is getting really old.

......has absolutely no idea how much his world is about to change.
But I really do think he's going to be a good big brother.
Eventually.

No comments: