Saturday, August 15, 2009

10 Weeks to Go

I can't believe that I'm 3/4 of the way there! (Possibly closer if I get my wish and the baby comes early.) This summer has really flown by - how is it possible that August is already half gone?
My friend Carrie came over this week and took some pictures of me. She wanted to try out a couple new things, and I was her gineau pig. Check out all of the photos here. They are really very good.
If I'm really honest, my belly isn't that big. I feel huge, but I think that's because I "popped" so quickly - which is normal on a second pregnancy. Also, Paul pointed out (or at least agreed with me when I mentioned it) that part of it is that my back is swaying forward a lot, which makes my stomach pull out further. I'm surprised I haven't had more back problems - the constant pain I had in my lower back a few months ago is gone now. Thankfully! I'm also sleeping better, at least this week.
I'm still working on shaking this cold.... I feel good, and then have a coughing spell where I feel like I hack up half a lung. Not to mention the nose-blowing. But at least I can breathe now.
I canned 7 pints of green beans yesterday. My spring planting just keeps on plugging along - I keep thinking they're about done, but then they put on new growth and bloom again. I have been getting about a half a mop bucket a week. My fall beans looks GREAT! Hopefully they'll produce better. And my fall peas are putting on... Once I weeded out the grass, the stand didn't look nearly as good, but they're still better than this spring's. I'm going to try to get them picked this weekend.
I have zucchini to freeze today - we've been given some, and Paul doesn't care for it cooked (as if we could eat 4 large zucchinis anyways!). So I'm going to shred it and freeze to use in bread this winter. I also have kitchen recovery to do (from canning yesterday), and a massive pile of laundry that's been sitting here all week.... I'm tired of digging for socks. Since It's only 10 AM and I already want a nap, I think I'm going to have to put on a pot of coffee.
Paul has worked 6 days this week (60+ hours). They don't have air conditioning on the packing floor, so a day in that heat is pretty tiring (though his office and the break room have a/c). He has tomorrow off, then starts 30 straight days of production. He said they will probably get days off in there, but he doesn't know when or how many. So by the time I get my husband back, it will be time for baby! (Not quite, but a whole lot closer!)
Only 10 weeks! I can't believe it's coming up so soon!

No comments: