Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sorry.

I am sicker than a dog, then combine that with lack of writing ideas..... My blog has been really boring lately, and I realize that. I apologize.
Last week, Nathan got a cold from my nieces, and then passed it on to me apparently. He's not had much more than a snotty nose and an occasional cough. He doesn't act like he feels bad.
I, on the other hand, have the full gamut: sinus, sore throat, chest congestion, headache, and fever. Phlegm. Lots and lots of phlegm. I probably should go to the doctor, but 1/I don't want to expose myself and Nathan to the germies lurking there, 2/They'd probably just tell me to rest and take some medicine - and Robitussin would work just as fast, and 3/I don't want to pay the co-pay.
Because I feel guilty for not giving you something more substantial than griping about being sick: A Brag about Nathan.
Paul and I are overly proud of our son. You've figured that out by now. But we've noticed him doing some stuff that - according to baby/parenting websites - he shouldn't be able to do for several more months.
He's walking great. He kind of looks like a monkey when he walks because of the way he leans side to side. He can bend over and pick things up then stand back up. He's stacking blocks. He recognizes that lids and CDs are the same shape and tries to fit them together. He figured out a "game" I played with him (because I was too lazy and sick to get down on the floor) where I put a block down the top of my shirt and it fell out the bottom. After about three times watching me, he threw a block (ow! sharp corners!) down my front and then reached under my shirt to get it. And he tried to put a CD onto a stick after he saw me do it. He loves doors and drawers and is always opening and closing them. And anything with wheels - toys, shopping carts, wheel chairs, wagons..... He's right there inspecting them.
He's so clever. He's gonna be smarter than me, I'm sure. I told Paul he gets it from both sides - Paul is really smart, and so is my Dad. To which Paul asked, "You're not smart?" I told him I'm smart in different ways, but he and Dad are both great at problem solving and understanding how things work. Nathan's going to be like that, too.
I'd better watch out.

4 comments:

carrie said...

tell me about it. it's the smart ones you have to really watch for awhile.

Anonymous said...

He does sound like a bright boy. How fun!

Tiffany said...

Isn't if funny how mechanical little boys get so fast :) Dalton works on his little cars and his battery operated 4-wheeler like he's working on an engine like he has seen Rocky do.

Doug or Janice Rhodes said...

You will have a challenge keeping his little mind challenged---but enjoy the time. WE had a great time with the blocks and a tine can the other night!! Won't be long until I dig out the jigsaws for him. After giving Paul small parts at a time, they kept him busy for hours...have to wait until Nathan's is past the "chew on everything" stage though.
Mom R