Thursday, August 14, 2008

An Olympic-Sized Rant

Okay, so it's not my biggest rant, but it is about the Olympics.
First off, I'm tired of hearing about Michael Phelps. I mean, I think it's neat that he's won so many gold medals, but there are other things going on in Beijing besides him swimming. It would be nice for the media to maybe at least mention them. And it really lessened my admiration when the other night he was swimming.... I don't remember which race - the one right after his medal for the 4x200 relay. He finished the race, but rather than being happy that he won, or even that he broke his record, he threw a hissy fit because he hadn't done it under 1:52. Seriously.
My second rant: There are other sports at the Olympics besides swimming, gymnastics, and beach volleyball. Like 25 others. Personally, I'd like to see some martial arts. Beats swimming any day.
And my final Olympic rant: Why can the men play beach volleyball in board shorts and jerseys, yet the women can't even wear bikinis that cover their backsides? Seriously. When after every set and every dive they have to go digging it out of their crack, it should be a sign that they need a little bit more coverage. And I think I'd even be fine if they wore like a sports bra top - just what purpose do those teeny little bottoms serve other than giving the male fan base a little thrill? And making women like me feel totally fat.

3 comments:

carrie said...

exactly.

Tiffany said...

I couldn't agree more!!!

Anonymous said...

uh, i'm so not tired of seeing michael phelps half-clad...
Here's my rant: BRING BACK SOFTBALL! THis is the last olympics for sb:(