Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Am So Martha

So according to Carrie (the Friendly Cashier), Wal Mart sells cow tongue, which no one in their right mind would pay money for. However, a clothespin bag, which I'd say at least 50% of households would use, they do not sell.
Go figure.
Chalk it up to another reason I hate that place, yet I have no choice to go there to do my non-grocery shopping, since we live in a small town and they've driven all the other choices out of business. Which makes me hate them even more.
Grr.
But that's not what this post is about. It's about clothespin bags. That's where I went off.
My clothespin bag has been falling apart. First it was a small tear at the top. The tear got longer and longer and eventually the whole backside was split top to bottom. Fortunately, there were clothespins handy, so I pinned it up and made do.
Finally I couldn't take it anymore. I got out the sewing machine and made myself one. Yes, I cheated and used a pants leg, but when you have a pants leg lying around, why not do something useful with it?
And I'd like to point out these buttonholes on the back. I made them all by myself. Without "obtaining a buttonhole attachment" or "using the buttonhole setting" as eHow.com said when I looked up "how to make a button hole". My machine doesn't have that setting. It doesn't even have an instruction manual.
I am so talented.
But before you go getting all jealous of me, because I know all of you are wishing you could be as smart and clever as I am, I will show you the "jenius" occurance of the week:

This is what happens when you assume that you've got enough of a base tan to go and weed in the garden for two hours without sunscreen. Oops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's not as if you'd learn the first 15,462 times you scorch yourself (including the previous post alopng these lines)or anything..... I believe i used the words "effin moron" when i saw this picture...and Carl concurs....