Friday, August 16, 2013

Sweet Corn!

Just a couple pictures.  I have an entry coming that hopefully will be nothing but pics, so you all can see how our kids are growing (so fast!).
The kids LOVE sweet corn.  They liked it last year, but this year they were super excited about it.  As in, they'd pick, shuck, and brush it on their own in order to get it for supper.  Probably a good thing we had to keep a fence around it.... It keeps the dog and the kids out.  I'm not a huge fan of sweet corn - not that I don't like it, just that it has to be a certain age:  not too young, not too old and gummy, for me to like it.  If I can find a batch that meet my criteria, I can put it away with the best of them.
Next year, I should let the kids enjoy the sweet corn more often.  There's part of me that doesn't want to eat too much fresh, or we won't have enough to freeze.  But I guess we'll plant a couple more rows and make it one of those sweet things that summer is all about.

I couldn't distract Jacob enough from chowing down to get him to look at the camera.

Even missing his two front teeth, Nathan cleans off an ear really well!

Zadie would eat straight through the cob if we didn't keep giving her our finished ears to distract her!

No comments: