Sunday, June 17, 2012

2 Months!



She's a little zoned in this pic.  It was HOT today, and we were gone all day (8:30A-9P).  She was ready to go to bed.

The little Miss is two months old today.... Where did the time go?
We had a special Father's Day service at church, because we had a baby dedication for Zadie and her little friend Karmyn, who is three weeks younger than she is.  It was a nice little service, even though our children were trying their hardest to make it stressful.  Zadie started fussing just as Pastor started the dedication message, then just before we were to go up front, Jacob started one of those Muuuuwaaaaah!!!! whining fits (over not getting more candy) and had to get hauled out by Paul.  (Apparently we can't have a baby dedication without a screaming child....)  But Zadie was good during Pastor's prayer, and didn't fuss at all - or spit up on his black suit. :)

Totally unflattering picture of me, but that's how I really look, folks. 
(In my defense, a lot of my belly pooch is a hernia, which will be getting fixed next month.)



Zadie is now sleeping through the night, from 9ish to 6ish every night.  Bliss!  I'm still tired a lot during the day, I think because this cold is kicking me.  Also, I am noticing the energy that nursing is taking out of me.  I think it's because of the heat.  I drink nearly 2 gallons of water every day just to stay hydrated... I crave that much just to feel quenched.
I don't know if it's just difference in personalities, or a difference because of gender, but Zadie is making lots of coos like she's talking to us.  The boys made noise, but when Zadie "talks" it's like she's saying something and will look at you til you answer.  I'm not saying she's a baby genius and trying to tell us what she wants at two months, but just that I think it's interesting.  I really do think it's just a "girl thing" - boys want to do, and girls wants to talk about it.
We started trying to get her to take a bottle this week, and she's actually taken to it pretty well.  I am having my hernia fixed in July, and I won't be able to nurse her for 24 hours afterwards because of the anesthesia.  So I've been pumping in the morning when I'm full (because she sleeps for 8+ hours!), and then giving her the bottle some time later in the day, just to get her used to it.  She drank nearly the whole bottle (4 oz) with my mom during church today!  Yay!  Not only a baby who sleeps during the day, but also a baby who will take a bottle!  Now hopefully I can get enough pumped ahead of time that we won't have to feed her formula that day.....
She's officially outgrown all of her newborn clothes.... It makes me sad.  Not that she's growing so fast - I'm not one of those moms that gets all teary at how big my kids are getting.  It's more like when you have to retire a favorite pair of jeans or shoes.... She had a couple outfits I loved, and were so cute, but she didn't get to wear them but a few times.
Our little girl has the prettiest eyes.  They are so big and blue, and have dark curly lashes.  She likes looking around at the world with her wide open eyes.  Her hair is a bit on the wild side.  I think she's going to have my hair.  Curly and unruly.  Oh well.... At least I'll know how to deal with it!  She also has the best gummy smile.  She likes smiling at her daddy, but will usually show off that bright smile and dimple for anyone holding her.  She also has gorgeous skin.  She's got darker skin, like Nathan did, and it's so clear and soft.  I love stroking her cheeks or her arms while I'm nursing her.
In case you can't tell, we love our little girl.  We're very proud of her, and she's definitely made her way into our hearts.

1 comment:

~ April Darling said...

I'm so happy for you!!! She is just beautiful!! Wish I could give her a squeeze and see her smile in person.
Did you do something to get her to sleep so long at night? None of my girls have been good night sleepers, sigh. Currently my 16 month old is waking 2-4 times a night. (not to nurse even).