Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It Was Love All Along!

In the midst of my completely pointless nesting project (more on that later), I found this:


(outside)

(inside)


He can say what he wants about not having any feelings for me while we were growing up, but the fact that he kept it says something. ♥
(Almost as mature as this Valentine to him.)

I vaguely remember making homemade cards for my friends one year (obviously last-minute - written in pencil on typing paper folded in four), but I have no idea how old I was.  I'm guessing this was about 5th grade? Possibly older, it may have been for our JV AWANA class.
For the record, we do not celebrate Valentine's Day now.  We think it's retarded to make a big deal about our love just because everyone else is.  We save it for OUR day, our anniversary.  Not saying we never do anything - sometimes I'll get him a card, and he's gotten me flowers before, but I don't think we've ever gone out, even when we were dating.  And I'm just fine with that.

No comments: