Monday, March 30, 2009

Your Questions Answered

So now you know the reason for my lack of blogginess. A/I'm sleeping every possible chance I can get, and B/I was afraid if I talked too much, I'd let it slip.
I didn't want to let people know until after we had our first doctor appointment and we knew everything was going okay. But since I was outgrowing my clothes faster than I imagined possible (probably more due to non-stop eating the two weeks after the Superbowl than to baby), I was severely tempted to explain - "I'm not fat! It's the baby!!"
We had a sonogram last week (obviously), because my doctor couldn't find the baby's heart beat. It really freaked me out, but now I'm pretty sure it's due more to the ample layer of fat that resides over the baby's nestling place. The sonogram technician said the baby actually measures 10 days later than what my due date was, which would make my due date October 22. I don't see how that's possible, since we had to use drugs to get pregnant again - my due date should be right on. But I won't be surprised if when we go in for the normal 20-week sonogram, we find out that we're back on track for a October 12 baby. These little guys grow in such spurts.
It's way too early to know what we're having, and we've decided not to find out this time. I'm sure the anticipation will about kill me, even though I love surprises! We would be totally happy with either a boy or a girl. I do want another boy for Nathan to be best friends with, but I also want a girl to do girly things with (I'm a little overwhelmed sometimes at the male-ness of this household).
I've been feeling just fine other than being so tired all the time. Everyone says I'll snap out of that when the first trimester is over. I think I'll be a little more motivated to not take naps as well, when spring is here for real and I can get stuff done in the afternoon while Nathan's napping. I do have occasional heartburn or upset stomach after I eat, but not enough to make me throw up - just enough that I don't feel like over-exerting myself. And I'm eating a lot - not just PMS-ish munching, I am actually stomach-growling hungry every two hours or so a lot of days.
And just to warn you, we are already calling this baby a "he." I don't know if it's that I have a feeling, or just a need to assign a gender to avoid calling the baby "it". So don't think that we know something you don't know. But for the record: my mom, my brother, and my best friend all think I'm having a boy.

3 comments:

carrie said...

October is a wonderful month to be born.

yay!

Tricia said...

When I was pregnant with Gabbie, before we found out what we were having I always said her when referring to the baby. I think it was mostly just because that's what the last one was and it was habit to say the same thing. I knew 2 days before the sono that she was a girl though. No matter what you have, I know it will be a wonderful addition to your family. I don't think that I could wait to find out though!

Tiffany said...

Waiting to find out is fun and it's makes the delivery more exciting! If we ever have another one I will wait again.