Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Random Thoughts on Abortion

While I was whipping up some biscuits and gravy for Nathan and I's breakfast this morning, I had a thought strike me about abortion.
Partly, because I recently researched Obama's stance on abortion, and I am passionate about voting pro-life, even if it would mean voting for a Democrat. I can not, in good conscience, vote for someone who thinks it's okay to destroy the life of another human being.
A lot of people support abortion in the case of "necessity to protect the health of the mother" - a very obscure term. What kind of health? Because the research I've done shows that "dangerous pregnancies" (ecoptic) usually naturally terminate, often before the mother realizes she's pregnant. Are we talking about mental health, then? Social health? I think many of the cases they are talking about "health" is defined as "any time it would be easier for the mother to not have the baby just then."
If that's the case - where do we draw the line? "It's not convenient for me to have a baby right now." What if a mother of a four-year-old decided it wasn't convenient for her to be a mother any more? It's holding her back from her potential... She can't go to school because of this little one.... She can't get the job she wants.... No man will date me when I tell him I have a child.....
If it's okay to kill a baby before it's born, why not after it's born? Why not at any time that it's not convenient for this life to go on? If a baby isn't born perfect, it may have trouble in life.... Wouldn't it just be more humane to kill it right then to have it suffer?
I was sent a link on abortion. If you have any doubt about the fact that a baby is indeed a baby, even from the moment of conception, you need to watch this video. After it ends, there is an option to view another video. Watch it. That is where you'll be convinced of the truth.

4 comments:

carrie said...

my mother was 15, as you know, when she got pregnant with me. I'd say it wasn't the best for her mental health to have a baby. She was encouraged to abort me by school officials. Back in the 70's.

People should realize that these babies turn into people with full lives that touch other lives.

People will find any justification to keep from being inconvenienced.

The randomness that is my life said...

I cried through that whole second Video. That's all I got..

Doug or Janice Rhodes said...

I think in politics the life issue is where we all need to camp out as Christians. I have to share this with you all. My first room-mate in college (1970) was a young black woman from the south side of Chicago(do your research about Chicago in the 60s). She wrote me before classes began and said that if I was white she hated me. Thus began a long year..no details this time. By the time I was overseas in 1973, much had changed including the passage of Roe v Wade. My roommate had an abortion and due to the trauma and guilt finally came to Jesus. Since graduation she has taught school back home but eventually was pushed out:she expected her student to be responsible; the parents and administration did not. I ask her last time and this time "how to vote". Both times she passionately indicated that she had to vote her conscience. The first time she said, "If we do not vote for Bush, our country is really going downhill." This time she indicated that she liked a lot about Obama and the historical issue was a heavy draw BUT she could not vote for him because he was not pro-life. I think I sent Rachel that link. It came from my roommate along with other links to educat Black America. Abortion is killing Black Americans in huge numbers. The highest rate is amongst them. My heart bleeds.....
Mom R
"And now LORD, I WILL TRUST You alone as I promised... no matter which party thinks it is running the country.YOU ARE MY ROCK....of whom shall I be afraid?"

Lavonda Pflug said...

And the votes are in. We shall pray and live according to scripture. What choice do we have?