Monday, July 14, 2008

Summertime Slump

Sorry I haven't been very good about posting. Or about the quality of my postings. It's summertime - there's too many other things to do. I have the garden, the flowers, the house (not that I do a lot on any of those, but still), and then I have a 10-month-old (today's the 14th!) who's crawling and getting into anything he can get his hands on. I may be typing up a post, but then I hear a suspicious *rustle rustle clunk*.
Panic and run to investigate. It's impossible to fully babyproof our house. The only two rooms we can fully close off on the main floor are our bedroom and the back porch.
Then add to that, after twice in one day of griping at Paul because he had spent four hours playing a game on the computer (a regular occurance on his days off), he came back at me with, "How much time to you spend with your blog?" And I realized that whereas I may view what I do on the computer as "worthwhile", it still is a lot of time that I could be spending with my son or making the house pleasant and liveable (read: actually clean).
So I've been trying to cut down on the time I spend on the computer. Both on my blog, and on reading other people's. And I'm seriously considering getting rid of my MySpace account. No one ever comments on mine, I never comment on anyone else's, and I hardly ever send or recieve any messages. I just use it to waste time and snoop on other people's business.
So I'm sorry if my blog has been boring lately. That's my excuse. But I'll console you with a few pictures of Nathan.





Nathan the Sailor Man!
*toot toot*

<- check out the "tattoo"










His latest obsession: the dog's water dish.

No comments: