Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday Shopping?

I'm not much of a shopper anyways, but seriously - you couldn't pay me enough to go shopping today.  I looked at Facebook right after I woke up, and friends were talking about people being trampled, fights over items, displays being knocked over, and lines wrapping around the outside of stores.
Is there really any deal good enough to put up with this?  Doesn't this take away from the meaning of Christmas?  Doesn't it kind of take away the "joy of giving" when you admit, "Well, I had to kick an old lady in the face to get the last one, but I got it!"
Seriously.  Is this what Christmas is about?  That's not the message I want to send to my kids, and not the message I want to send to everyone I'd meet today - "Yes.  Christmas is about STUFF."

No comments: