Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring Has Sprung

Or should it be, "Spring Sprang?"
It should probably be more like, "Spring Has Hopped."
My dad always quotes the old farmer's saying of, "If you hear frogs three nights in a row, it means spring's here."
Well, last night was the third night. And even though it cooled off overnight, they're at it again. I can hear them singing even with the windows closed.
Speaking of windows - we have slept with the windows open the last few nights. We've still got the extra blanket on our bed for winter, so it was a little stuffy. The fact that I sleep like an oven (according to hubby) probably doesn't help.
On a completely different note: after this weekend, I'm convinced our cat is some sort of spawn of Satan. He sleeps happily out in the living room until an hour before Paul has to get up, then he jumps up on the bed, and either starts chirping, comes and sits on the pillow right next to Paul's head and purrs loudly, or starts noisily licking himself. Or all of the above. And he only does this on nights when Paul has to get up for work, and it is always at 4 AM when he does it. Just late enough that if he wakes Paul up, he can't get back to sleep. So the cat is on my list. Not to mention I think he has spring fever, so he's been yowling around the house all week, but when I kick him out, he just sits at the door and yowls to be let back in.
Stupid cat.
I'm convinced if scholars went back and studied the manuscripts, they would find it wasn't a serpent that deceived Eve in the Garden of Eden, it was a cat. Would not surprise me one bit. (Okay, so this part I'm kidding. Mostly. But cats are evil.)
We've spent large amounts of time outside almost every day this week. Nathan is so ready for spring. I am so ready for spring! We got a little bit of rain last night (the first in quite some time). It really started greening the field up. I got my garden seeds in the mail a couple weeks ago. Talk about really getting the itch!

Why haven't we done this every day, Mom?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally with you on the "cats are evil" part - though generally I'd prefer Brutus over that other hideous cat that's often mentioned in our family.

Teach said...

Yeah bite me, JC. And while I think Brutus is a complete annoyance, you are definitely being a little too harsh on the poor guy. After all, he was there before Nathan...