Monday, November 17, 2014

I Hate Printers.

Does any one else think that printers were invented by Satan to be the downfall of humankind?  I hate printers.  I don't think once in my life, ever, have I not had problems with our printer.
Today's scourge:  I need some graph paper for Nathan to do his Math.  Let me run upstairs and print some off.  Googled it, found it in less than a minute.  Push print, and..............  "Carriage Jam.  Clear carriage jam.  Press OK."
OK.
Grind.  Think.  Spin.
"Carriage Jam.  Clear carriage jam.  Press OK."
Open door to verify it is not jammed.
OK.
 "Carriage Jam.  Clear carriage jam.  Press OK."
OK.
 "Carriage Jam.  Clear carriage jam.  Press OK."
OK.
Unplug to reset.
Grind.  Think.  Spin.
Everything is acting okay!  Push print.........
GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So a 2-minute interruption for school turns into a 30 minute fight with technology.  And we skip the graph.  Again.
Is there any printer that doesn't do this sort of thing?  Or is it just my unfortunate bad luck?
This one's specialty is running out of ink halfway through a document, so you have the last 3 pages of something you can't even read.  Then it will pop up with a message, "Ink Running Low."  Ya think??  And it loves to pull that on sheet music that I've downloaded and am only allowed one printing.

No comments: