Wednesday, February 19, 2014

It Hasn't Been a Month. (Barely.)

I guess I haven't blogged lately.
I am getting a bit more sleep.  Gideon is sleeping a 5-hour stretch when we put him down at night.  Unfortunately, he goes to bed early enough that I still don't usually get more than 4 hours in a stretch.  And then he doesn't want to go back to sleep easily.  My sanity couldn't handle the lack of sleep anymore, so at 2 months, I started making him cry it out at bedtime.  And I do it sometimes in the middle of the night, depending on Paul's work (sleep) schedule.  I've decided he's just a baby that has to cry a little before going to sleep.  It's not screaming (usually), but he never goes to sleep without letting us hear him.
Hmmm.....  What else?
Zadie decided to take up potty training again.  She doesn't tell us (at least not in a language we can understand) when she needs to go, but she holds it very well till we take her in.  Still plenty of accidents, but I think it's starting to tip toward more successes than accidents.  She is so proud of herself when she goes.   (I'm sure the candy award at the end helps.)  She makes this hilarious face, surprised and very pleased with herself, whenever she starts going on the potty.  Priceless.
We had a mini spring break this week.  Temps were in the 50s and 60s Monday and Tuesday, so I let the boys PLAY OUTSIDE and skipped school.  We've had long stretches of bitter cold this winter, and cabin fever was definitely setting in.  But that's the beauty of homeschooling - we can do that.
I've been doing better on keeping the house picked up, until the last week or so.  (Sleep begets sleep - I actually am getting some, and that made me realize how much I wanted more!  Naps all around!)  Why is it when you get behind it takes forever to catch up?  I was lazy two weekends ago, and I'm still spinning my wheels.
The laundry situation is another story.  It's never going to be caught up.  I just can't seem to be one of those people that can do a load a day and get it folded.  Our laundry seems to go from not enough for a full load of anything, to OH CRAP in a day, and I need to do 8 loads to catch up.  And we are a family the re-wears clothing several times before washing it, so I don't know why it can pile up so fast!  (Paul says that's because that's the day that we make the boys round up all their socks and clothing they've shed all over the house.)  It seems like it's done this with every kid, too - add one tiny human who wears one tiny outfit a day, and the laundry doubles.  Explain that.
We got a large tax return (which requires a rant blog), so we'll hopefully be doing some home improvements (which I'll address as they happen).  I'm looking forward to it.  We've been here over 8 years - it's time to make it our own. :)
And that's what's going on here, more or less.

No comments: