Monday, August 6, 2012

V for Vendetta

So I mentioned in this post about the bug infestation we got in our kitchen.
Still gagging about that.  Ulgh.
Indian meal moth a type of pantry moth
These are what the little buggers looked like.  They're called pantry moths/flour moths/meal moths, and are about 1/2" long.  They were everywhere.  For probably two weeks afterwards, I would go on a rampage whenever I saw one, and go hunting and kill at least a half dozen (daily, if not multiple times each day) - opening cupboards, looking at the underside of the cabinets, and pulling chairs into the kitchen to swat them off the ceilings.  I still am opening the cupboard at least once a day and looking for them.  The boys got used to seeing me go from walking calmly through the house to going all ninja on one flying through the air - they don't even ask what I'm doing.  But I am determined to rid our house of these things!  I cannot describe to you how absolutely disgusting cleaning all that out was - and I made Paul do it, so I wasn't even the one handling the stuff!  One live moth means the possibility of baby moths.
Just in the last few days, I've finally stopped seeing them.  Every once in a while, I'll see a small moth in the living room, but I think they're something different.  (I kill them anyways.  "If it flies, it dies.")

No comments: