Friday, March 30, 2012

Victory!

Three times last week, different people told me that I'm "not that big" for being in my last month of my third pregnancy.  Then I had a doctor's appointment..... And I didn't gain any weight in 10 days!
Victory is mine!
However...... I've gained 50 pounds.  If I'm not carrying the weight in my belly, then there's only one other place I could be carrying it.  I caught a glimpse of myself in the reflection in our picture window (we don't have a full-length mirror), and..... My body has a definite S-shape......
Belly.  And butt.
S.
Unfortunately, only the belly deflates after you've had a baby.

I know that when you're pregnant, you shouldn't stress about your weight, and I'm not really.  But I don't need to gain any more.  Thirty pounds is considered healthy, and I'm obviously well past that.  I've gained more than with either boy, and I'm heavier than I've been, and it's taking a toll on my feet and back.  So, I'm trying to just stay put on the weight for the next 3 weeks.
But to those ladies that proclaimed me "not that big" - thank you.  You made my day.

No comments: