Saturday, September 6, 2008

When I Said "Red" - I meant RED!!!


Two gallons of paint, four coats, three rollers, and seven almost-blisters later.... We're almost there. I have about 5 drops of red paint left, which I will need tomorrow when I peel off the tape from the trim. I tend to get a little over-zealous in my peeling, due to the fact I'm so excited to see the finished product. I inevitably peel off some paint with the tape, so I'll need all I have left to fix those.
I still have the trim to paint, but I figure that going from white to barely cream isn't going to be that much of a shocker. I am excited to get all the stuff put back where it belongs - everything is pretty much in one big pile in front of the wood stove (which is what I'm talking about when I say "the fireplace").
And we have a while before the whole project is completely finished.... We have to buy some trim and some tongue-and-groove paneling to put around the leftover porch lights. But that's going to have to wait for another paycheck, I fear. And then because everything else is all fresh and new, I need new blinds (it really is a need - the old ones were blech, and not able to be cleaned), and I'm going to put up curtains. It will be the first I've bought for this house! (Although after looking at prices, I may be making them....)

Wow. It just hit me. The adrenaline of "Get done! Get done!" wore off, and I'm about ready to fall asleep at the keyboard.

When it's all painted and finished, I'll post better pictures. (If the sun ever actually shines again. Natural lighting makes a huge difference in how it looks.)

4 comments:

samthearcher said...

I like the color, Rachel. It looks good. :)

Teach said...

Red is SO you...

Anonymous said...

I love it! The waiting room in my office is the same color and it looks great. Someday I want a red room in my house.

Amy Jo said...

I love the red!