Sunday, July 6, 2008

Oops.

So Carrie pointed out to me that I never did tell you why I didn't get any pool shots on vacation.
See, the plan was to go back to the hotel in the late afternoon/early evening and go swimming and just in general chill and relax, then I'd get some cute pool shots of all of us. But look at my picture of the Red River. See the rain? Yeah, that just popped up out of nowhere, and it rained.
And rained.
And rained.
With some major lightning. When we went back to the farm after the trip to the bridge, it cut loose. There was a huge lightning bolt that struck really close to the big tent. I was going to check on Nathan, who was asleep in the car, and I heard it crackle in the sky before the deafening boom. Paul said a guy under the tent screamed like a girl and fell out of his chair.
Anyways, this "little" rain storm kept raining for several hours. Pouring, actually. I haven't seen rain that heavy and consistently heavy for a long time. When we went to meet Mike and Angie at Dairy Queen, the streets were completely full of water, like you couldn't even see the curb - just one continuous lake from the street right into the parking lots of the banks and grocery store.
And it was still raining in the morning. Not a heavy rain by then, but still. I think they said they got 5 inches out of it.
So that's why I didn't get any pool pictures.

1 comment:

carrie said...

thanks. And I'm eating your potato salad right this minute. Yummy stuff late at night.