Friday, November 22, 2013

Blast From the Past

Paul's Grandpa Rhodes, around 1943.

I never really thought Paul looked like his Grandpa, until I saw this picture as I was..... well, let's just say I'm nesting.
First off - the hair.  Not that Paul has ever worn his like this, but - that's a lot of hair.  And now I know where Paul got his from.  But also his forehead and his eyes look like Paul's, and maybe his chin (it's been a while since I've seen Paul's chin without the goatee).
Anyhow.  Very proud of both of his Grandpas' service to our country in World War II.  (All four of our grandfathers were in the army, even though mine served after the war.)

This may be the only facial-hair-free picture I have of my husband.  
(That's Nathan, Thanksgiving 2007.)

2 comments:

The Shupaloops said...

I keep pictures around the house of grandparents (even have one of your family! An updated one would be great, wink, wink), but it was nice and brought a tear to my eye when I opened blogger and this was the first thing I saw. So happy I had him as a grandpa!

Doug or Janice Rhodes said...

the only reason for no facial hair was that that was the year of the rebuild at work....no facial hair inside those masks!!