Friday, October 25, 2013

Ephesians 3:20 and a Chiefs Game

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.  (Ephesians 3:20)

This verse has been running through my head.  The blessings we have received this year are so much beyond what I could have imagined.  We ask God for the big things, but it's the little things that have surprised me.  Things that we don't even think to ask about.
Specifically, over the last month.  Three things we got to enjoy - for free.  I feel they are blessings straight from God.
Paul really wanted to go see a concert before the baby gets here.  He looked up some different artists, but they were all out of town and out of our price range.  Then my brother texted me about a Matt Redman concert.  Completely free, and only a half hour away.  Paul and I were able to meet after he got off work and enjoy a night of praise.
We also had talked about trying to get away for a vacation.  Previously, almost every vacation has been to see his grandfather in Colorado.  It made for very affordable vacations - free place to stay, take our own food, and it's central to places to explore.  All summer we kept saying, maybe next month, but it just kept not happening.  We also wanted to try to get away for some time alone.  That hasn't happened since before Zadie was born.
Then Paul's parents invited us to go with them to Branson.  They reserved a condo and paid for tickets for us to go to Silver Dollar City.  We were able to spend 3 days there, enjoying lots of family time.  The boys had a blast and are still talking about it.  Paul and I got to spend a morning together, and he let me go in all those shops that I love, but are not good to try to take kids in to - the furniture shop, the candle shop, the Christmas shop..... I really enjoyed it.  I came back from the weekend tired but completely refreshed.
As we were driving to Branson, Paul's supervisor texted him and asked if he wanted two tickets and a parking pass to a Kansas City Chiefs game.  Umm...... YES!  I have wanted to get tickets for Paul to go see the Chiefs ever since we've been married, but just couldn't get over the price of tickets.  And these seats were AWESOME.
Row 23 on the 30 yard line!
I decided that being 7 months pregnant, I wouldn't be the best companion.  So Paul took his dad, and it sounds like they had a great time.
These things are physical blessings that I feel like are straight from God - and they're only things from the last month!  But I can't describe how spiritually blessed we feel.  I am just so happy and peaceful, and looking forward to what God has in store for our lives next!

2 comments:

Amy Jo said...

That's awesome! God gives us good gifts. :)

Rachel said...

.....And I feel like I should clarify that it's not more awesome gifts that I'm expecting God to give us - that's not what I'm looking forward to. Just knowing that He's leading us and He has a plan and direction for our lives that I don't even know about is exciting for me.