Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Spring Cleaning

I'm not one who does spring cleaning every spring.  I do it whenever the mood strikes.
Which, lets face it, is never.
But it's kind of gotten to the point that I can't ignore it.  I don't know if it's because of the very dry, dusty year (two years) we've had or what, but the dust situation in this house has gotten epic.  I've got dust bunnies, which are usually only under the beds, hanging off the walls.  I've successfully ignored it for the last several months, but I can't any longer.
It's time to do something about it.
But the thing I hate about deep cleaning, is that whenever you decide to finally deep clean one area, it makes the adjoining areas look even crappier.  I didn't set out to deep clean the entire front room.  It started with just organizing my bookshelf.  Which led to a book purge.  And I figured since I'm handling all the books anyways, I might as well dust them all and dust the shelves really good.  (And since the aforementioned dust epidemic is so bad, it's beyond dust rag, beyond Swiffer even.... I'm dusting with the vacuum.)
But then deep cleaning the shelves and the wall behind it made me realize how I needed to do that.... to the whole room.
So I just finished vacuuming the entire ceiling (wood).  I had been ignoring it, but once you do a section, you have to do the whole thing.  I didn't realize how many tiny cobwebs had been up there holding dust.  Gross.  (But it looks so nice now!) I also washed down a wall, which makes me realize how badly I need to do that around the whole room.  (Although it will probably wait until tomorrow.)
But cleaning is like crack, I tell you!  You get one room done, and it's gleaming and organized, and you want that for your whole house!!!
I guess I know what I'll be doing for the next month.......

No comments: