Monday, August 11, 2008

Don't Hate Me..... It Had to Be Done.

We've known that giving Nathan his first haircut was inevitable. And it's not even that I thought his hair was so pretty (it was) and the curls were so precious (they were). And it wasn't even that people kept calling him a girl (even though he's always dressed in blue, usually something with footballs or other "boyish" details).
It was that I didn't want to deal with the drama. I hate drama. And every diaper change involves drama, so I couldn't imagine what me with scissors would entail.
The plan was to attempt the first haircut in three parts. Tuesday night would be the top. Wednesday would be the sides. And Thursday would be the back. So Tuesday just before bedtime we gave Nathan a bath, put him up on the changing table and handed him our digital thermometer and a slinky to distract him and I went to work.
And he sat perfectly still the entire time, so I got the entire haircut done in one setting.
Paul had told me that I didn't have to cut all the curls off. "Since he's still a little boy, I guess curls are okay." But I couldn't figure out how to leave the curls without it looking like a mullet. And I am decidedly anti-mullet.
So now our baby doesn't look like a baby any more. He looks like a little boy.



Before.





And after.


2 comments:

carrie said...

not sure why I didn't notice that yesterday. Guess he was getting whipped around a lot or something.

either way, he's very handsome!

samthearcher said...

nice job. It looks great! :)